Today I glued the spruce top to the rib assembly, and completed digging out the purfling groove. I also did the rough cutting out of the neck, which requires a bit more effort cleaning out the peg box because of an animal nose instead of a scroll. I am pleased with the symmetry of the top, as sometimes the sound holes are more off than desired. Often the ribs can distort in the construction process, or can "relax" due to atmospheric conditions before they are fixed to a plate. Anyway, on this one I took some added measures to achieve a more equal appearance, and was able to do the assembly without having the components laying around the shop too long.
Hopefully I will be able to add some photos along the way. Thanks for reading.